FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
We love your questions! If you have a question that isn't answered here, reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
On this page
Is Mac Ride right for us
- Will Mac Ride fit on any bike?
- What is the recommended size and age for using Mac Ride?
- Will Mac Ride help my child learn to ride faster?
- Is Mac Ride safe?
- My child can ride already. Why would I want Mac Ride?
- How long does it take to get Mac Ride on or off?
- What tools do I need to take mac ride on and off my bike?
- What is the Mac-Ride-Scoot?
- Where can I buy a Mac Ride?
- How much does Mac Ride cost?
- Where do you ship?
- How long does Mac Ride take to arrive?
1. WILL MAC RIDE FIT ON ANY BIKE?
2. WHAT IS THE RECOMMENDED SIZE AND AGE FOR USING MAC RIDE?
Mac Ride is for children aged 2 to 5. Our recommended weight maximum for your child is 60lbs. The most important indicators for determining if your child is ready for Mac Ride are here (strength, listening skills, teamwork etc).
Read more about the skills required for adult and child riders on our Is your family ready for Mac Ride page?
3. WILL MAC RIDE HELP MY CHILD LEARN TO RIDE FASTER?
Yes! We have no official research, but we really think so! With Mac Ride, your child gets to hold on to your handlebars, feel the turns, and look at the lines ahead. How can it not help give them a sense of what it is like to ride themselves?
When it came to his scoot bike, our son stood over the crossbar and shuffled about for weeks. It was painful to watch. On one sunny day, on a smooth wide track, Mac asked for his bike to come off of my back, he climbed down from his perch on Mac Ride, got on his bike, and scooted off without a word.
4. IS MAC RIDE SAFE?
Riding with children always comes with risk. With that context in mind, and advising that customers must always ride with common sense, well within their limits, we feel the answer is-- Yes! Have a look here and here for information on safety.
5. MY CHILD CAN RIDE ALREADY. WHY WOULD I WANT MAC RIDE?
Mac Ride is ideal for the 2-3 year olds who can't get much further than the front gate ("carry me" "I tiiiiiiired" "buggy buggy buggy"). It's also amazing for the older years-- 4 and 5.
When a child can ride on her own, it doesn't mean she's ready for a cycle on her own bike around a remote lake on her next family adventure. Nor does it mean she wouldn't love to have a change in riding style, joining her mom with Mac Ride on a longer, lovely loop. In fact, we think swapping between the two is ideal for child development. Hit the pump track for your child to enjoy the lessons of balance and independent riding. Then have a go with Mac Ride so your child can gain an understanding of speed and flow, and how to handle those trickier bits on the trail.
6. HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO TAKE MAC RIDE ON OR OFF?
Less than a minute! We've had a bit of practice; we can install/remove the seat in under 30 seconds!
7. WHAT TOOLS DO I NEED TO TAKE MAC RIDE ON AND OFF MY BIKE?
Once your Mac Ride spacer is installed, you only need an allen key. Et voila!
8. WHAT IS "THE MAC-RIDE-SCOOT"?
A few folk have written in asking how we strap Mac's run bike and his pedal bike to our backpacks-- a perfect strategy for those longer rides when you want your little one to stretch his legs and practice on his own wheels, but you want Mac Ride to help cover the full loop or climb the big hill.
The Mac-Ride-Scoot adventure is the equivalent of the lazy rider's shuttle for toddlers. But way more fun. Let's skip the preamble....you know, feed kid, hit the potty, get to forest etc. Jumping straight to the trail head:
- Step 1: Place helmet snugly on child's head.
- Step 2: Load scoot bike onto back pack.
- Step 3: Place child on Mac Ride and put feet into Mac Ride stirrups.
- Step 4: Ride up hill. Up hill. For a successful Mac-Ride-Scoot adventure, a downhill start is a no go, nothing but a recipe for parental-hunched-over pushing and toddler tears. So, step 4 features a climb.
- Step 5: At top of hill, remove child from Mac Ride, place child on scoot bike, and enjoy the glorious descent!
We don't use any additional straps or hooks, simply what's already built into our Dakine Nomad backpack.
9. WHERE CAN I BUY A MAC RIDE?
We currently sell Mac Ride primarily online at www.mac-ride.com/shop. There are a few bike shops around the world that now carry the seat too. Dealer page coming soon!
10. WHERE DO YOU SHIP?
We ship to North America, Europe, and many countries in Asia and South America. We also have a partner, Mountain Bikes Direct who sell locally in Australia and New Zealand.
We do not take a profit on shipping and if the cost exceeds what we have charged, we reserve the right to ask for the total shipping cost to be met by the customer. If the customer does now wish to do this, we will refund in full.
11. HOW MUCH DOES MAC RIDE COST?
We are currently offering Mac Ride at £199.
- Shipping is added at the point of sale.
Upon purchase you will receive an email receipt. You need to retain this receipt in the case of a return.
12. I HAVE ORDERED A MAC RIDE. HOW LONG WILL IT TAKE TO ARRIVE?
See shipping information here.